'World's Toughest Race: Eco-Challenge Fiji' Premieres on Amazon Prime Video (video)
After 'Just Tattoo of Us', also Amazon Prime Video has a new show worth attention. World's Toughest Race: Eco-Challenge Fiji is one of three key digital launches in August according to Smartshow.tv.
World's Toughest Race: Eco-Challenge Fiji
US original / adventure competition / August 14 / Amazon Prime Video
Smartshow.tv says / Smart content decision by Amazon Prime Video. The streamer brings a genre that has digital potential and adds a good host. The Eco-Challenge format has proven itself over a multi-year run on linear TV in the past, and shows of similar genre succeeded elsewhere too.
Synopsis / Expedition race, in which 66 teams race non-stop for 11 days, 24 hours a day, through rugged terrain, testing the limits of human physical and mental endurance.
Good to know / Hosted and executive produced by Bear Grylls.
Also launched August 11-20:
- Like Me – I’m Famous (German original) / reality / August 11 / TV Now / Ten celebrities move together to a luxurious villa and fight to be the most popular, getting the most likes. Video
- (Un)Well (US original) / factual / August 12 / Netflix / A deep dive into the lucrative wellness industry, which touts health and healing. Trailer
- Selena + Chef (US original) / cooking / August 13 / HBO Max / Selena Gomez navigates unfamiliar territory: making delicious meals while stuck at home in quarantine. Trailer
- Shame Game (German original) / reality / August 13 / Joyn / YouTube star faces insane challenges.
- Die Sex-Klinik (German original) / factual / August 18 / TV Now / Sex consultations with a well-known sex therapist, a gynecologist and an urologist. Trailer
- DeMarcus Family Rules (US original) / reality / August 19 / Netflix / Rascal Flatts bassist Jay DeMarcus and ex-beauty queen Allison DeMarcus write their own rules for juggling family and fun in this reality show. Trailer
- High Score (US original) / documentary / August 19 / Netflix / The history of classic video games. Trailer
Read the full report 'Digital Unscripted Content Trends 8/2020':