Winners of the 2014 Rose d'Or Awards
Winners of 53rd Rose d’Or Awards were announced. Original British version of All3media's format 'Gogglebox' scores in Reality and Factual Entertainment category, Endemol's format 'Pointless' wins in Game Show category. Here are the complete results:
- WINNER Little Mom by Dori Media Group (Israel)
- NOMINEES In Laughing Memory: Cath Luyten by deMensen (Belgium) and Through the Keyhole by ITV/Talkback (United Kingdom)
A prime time comedy, Little Mom reveals the harsh truth of life after having kids. A deep look into the lives of 30+ women in a world in which their libido causes more grief than satisfaction.
- WINNER Toast of London by Channel 4/Objective Productions (United Kingdom)
Comedy series following Steven Toast, an eccentric middle-aged actor with a chequered past who spends more time dealing with his problems off stage than performing on it.
- NOMINEES Please Like Me by Please Like Me Pty Ltd (Australia) and Yonderland BSkyB (United Kingdom)
- WINNER Pointless by Endemol Company for BBC1 (UK)
BBC One game show where contestants compete for a cash prize - by winning the fewest points. Every question on Pointless has been asked to 100 people before the show to find out which answers are the most obvious and which answers are the most obscure. Contestants must aim to score as few points as possible by finding the least obvious answers. The pair who score the lowest points throughout go through to the nail-biting finale where only one question stands between them and the days jackpot.
- NOMINEES Extraordinary Masters (original title 'Die Deutschen Meister') by Brainpool TV GmbH (Germany) and The Common Denominator by Armoza Formats (Israel)
- WINNER Peter & The Wolf/Pierre et le Loup by Camera Lucida Productions (France)
Rediscover the masterpiece of classical music: "Peter and the Wolf" by Sergei Prokofiev in a new and innovative adaptation, especially for children.
- NOMINEES Inside the Mind of Leonardo by BSkyB (United Kingdom) and Music, Maestro by RTP (Portugal)
Reality and Factual Entertainment:
- WINNER Gogglebox by Channel 4 (United Kingdom)
Series that watches people watching TV. The same opinionated households - and some new, equally opinionated viewers - reveal what they think about the biggest and best programmes of the week.
- NOMINEES Married at First Sight by Snowman Productions (Denmark) and The Kamaras Love You – Eyeworks (The Netherlands)
- WINNER Circus HalliGalli by ProSiebensat1 TV Deutschland GmbH (Germany)
Joko and Klaas present „Circus HalliGalli“, Prosieben’s home for insanity, crazyness and pleasure. The hosts celebrate the showbusiness and make fun of it at the same time. In the very unique studio Joko, Klaas and their sidekicks deal with various topics such as music, trends, pop culture and zeitgeist.In clips they challenge each other or show us their take on current events.In the studio they welcome celebrities, artists and talents of all kinds of genres.
- NOMINEES A League of their Own by BSkyB (United Kingdom) and The Graham Norton Show by BBC (United Kingdom)
Rose d’Or Awards is organized by Eurovision, operated by the European Broadcasting Union, and celebrates best entertainment shows of the world and mostly Europe. The winners of 53rd Rose d’Or Awards were announced on September 17 in Berlin.