New Formats 'Beat Shazam', 'Love Connection', 'World of Dance' Coming to Fox and NBC
End of May is busy on the U.S. format market. There are multiple series finales, including 'Dancing With the Stars' and 'Survivor', while brand new formats such as 'Beat Shazam' are launching. Here is the weekly format review:
On Monday, season 13 premiere of ABC's 'The Bachelorette' averaged a 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demo, which means "a two-tenths of a point dip from the comparable debut last year" according to The Hollywood Reporter. Still solid rating for ABC, though.
On the same night, The CW concluded 3rd season of 'Jane the Virgin' with 0.4 rating in 18-49 for the season finale. The series is based on a Venezuelan telenovela and Electus International handles global format sales.
ABC's 'Dancing With the Stars' (1.3 rating in 18-49) and NBC's 'The Voice' (1.9) ended their seasons on Tuesday, both at finale lows as THR noticed.
'Survivor' finished its spring cycle with solid 1.9 rating (18-49) on CBS on Wednesday.
- New game show format 'Beat Shazam' with Jamie Foxx launches on Fox on Thursday, May 25
- Dating show 'Love Connection' also launches on Fox on Thursday, May 25
- Season premiere of 'Whose Line Is It Anyway' on Monday, May 29, on The CW
- Season premiere of 'America's Got Talent' on Tuesday, May 30, on NBC
- Premiere of a new dance competition format 'World of Dance' by NBCUniversal on Tuesday, May 30, on NBC
- Fox launches new season of 'MasterChef' and a new cooking format 'The F Word', based on British format, on Wednesday, May 31. Both with Gordon Ramsay
- USA Network premieres 'Big Star Little Star' on Wednesday, May 31. The celebrity family game show is based on British format by ITV Studios