Netflix boosts dating genre in Brazil, launches local 'Dating Around'
One of the key unscripted launches on digital platforms in July is a Brazilian remake of dating reality show 'Dating Around'.
Dating Around: Brazil
Brazilian remake / dating reality / July 10 / Netflix / trailer
Smartshow.tv says / Netflix boosts dating reality genre in Brazil. On top of 'Dating Around Brazil', also local versions of 'Love is Blind' and 'Too Hot to Handle' were ordered for next year, proving the ongoing popularity of this genre in digital world.
Synopsis / People from different genders and sexual orientations leave dating apps in order to seek a new love, face to face on blind dates at trendy urban hot spots.
Good to know / Adapted from U.S. Netflix original format / Local version produced by Endemol Shine Brasil.
Also launching July 1-12:
- Say I Do (US original) / reality / July 1 / Netflix / Couples overcome obstacles to celebrate their love in surprise dream weddings designed by three experts in less than a week. Trailer
- Unsolved Mysteries (US original) / factual / July 1 / Netflix / Modern take on the classic investigative mystery docuseries. Trailer
- Canada’s Drag Race (Canadian remake) / competition / July 2 / Crave / Twelve drag artistes compete for the title of 'Canada’s First Drag Superstar'. Trailer
- Southern Survival (US original) / factual / July 3 / Netflix / Testing out products designed to help people survive dangerous situations, including explosions, natural disasters and intruders. Trailer
- Life Size Toys (US original) / factual reality / July 6 / Quibi / A team takes classic childhood toys, builds them huge, and turns them into extreme stunts. Trailer
- Down to Earth with Zac Efron (US original) / travel / July 10 / Netflix / The actor journeys around the world with a wellness expert in a travel show that explores sustainable ways to live. Trailer
- Greatness Code (US original) / documentary / July 10 / Apple TV+ / A series that spotlights untold stories from athletes, examining a pivotal moment that defined their career. Trailer
Read the full report 'Digital Unscripted Content Trends 7/2020':