'Beat Shazam' Ratings: Not Excellent But Enough for Summer Fox
Along with other summer premieres, Fox launched new music game show 'Beat Shazam', hosted by Jamie Foxx. Ratings in the ad-relevant target group 18-49 have slowly decreased from 1.2 in the premiere week to 0.8 with episode 6 when considering only live+same day viewership.
These numbers are not excellent but still good enough for Fox, whose summer weekly ratings are usually within 0.6 to 1.0 range - and those higher digits often achieved thanks to sport matches.
'Beat Shazam' weekly 18-49 ratings
(source: Nielsen, live+SD)
After adding time-shifted audience, 'Beat Shazam's most current ratings grows to 1.2 in 18-49 for summer season through July 23.
'Beat Shazam' on Fox
(source: Nielsen. Season through July 23, 2017. Most current data including 7-day time shifted viewing)
|Target group||# of homes/persons||Rating|
Fox has already renewed 'Beat Shazam' for second season, with Jamie Foxx returning as host and executive producer. Broadcaster has stressed show’s social media output in the press release. The Hollywood Reporter pointed out that "the singing show has proved to be the bigger success of the network's summer reality slate".
'Beat Shazam' pits teams of two against the clock and each other as they attempt to identify the biggest hit songs of all time. In the end, the team with the most money banked will outlast the competition and go against Shazam app, for the chance to win cash prize. The show was created by Jeff Apploff and Wes Kauble and is produced by Apploff Entertainment and MGM Television in association with Shazam. Jeff Apploff, Mark Burnett, Jamie Foxx, Barry Poznick, Rich Riley and Lauren Zalaznick serve as executive producers. MGM handles international format sales.
Other format highlights:
- Co-production scripted series 'Loaded', premiered Monday, July 17, to low 0.1 rating 18-49 on AMC
- New limited thriller drama 'Somewhere Between' averaged 0.6 rating in 18-49 with series premiere on Monday 10PM slot. The series is based on a Korean format 'God's Gift: 14 Days' from SBS. More about Somewhere Between
- 'Hollywood Game Night', a game show hosted by Jane Lynch, returns for a fifth season on NBC on Monday, August 7 (10PM)
- NBC is bringing a late-night show 'Saturday Night Live' to primetime with a four-episode order for 'Saturday Night Live: Weekend Update' beginning Thursday, August 9 (9PM. The half-hour telecast will feature 'Weekend Update' anchors Colin Jost and Michael Che
- New season of ABC’s 'Bachelor in Paradise' premieres Monday, August 14
All data: Nielsen